Skip to main content

Gen2 Rollout

I started rolling out a few of the gen2 sculpts starting with Reaper II, followed by Demon I and Angel II. Eagle was next but it's getting scrapped due to glitches in the wings and tail. I will continue with the rest and circle back to fixing the Eagle later.. Y-Y Shit Happens. So much for releasing all 10, I get to go back and fix a few.. I might try yet another approach to the feathers when I go back for repairs. The Feather technique used in Angel II was also used for Eagle I, but the feathers can get glitchy, I got lucky on the Angel. I thought 10 feathers per Prim was good, but Inworld tools can do better then Zbrush in that area so I might turn to them for a little help on this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Koi Fish I & II Remakes

These remakes are likely my last ones in this format ( Dual Sculpt / Mesh ) as any future remakes or releases will likely be pure mesh. I had a lot of fun with sculpts and it's time to bring that chapter to a close, a couple of years too late, but if you like playing with a certain toy, there's no reason to stop enjoying it just because something newer has come along. I also released an update for Dragon Lantern II, as I was planning on updating all 3 to version R2, however, I no longer feel like finishing the other two. I'm wrapping things up, and with that, I'm also bundling together older works in the form of classic packs and cutting prices. I'm not sure where I'll go from here today, if I will continue to make statues, or branch out into other fields, such as jewelry, avatar accessories, pets, etc. ( Maybe both? ) Thanks to everyone who followed my work all this time! I got quite a lot of enjoyment out of seeing everyone's creativity and what t...

Dragon IV Update

Remember this one? No right? It's a dust-covered dragon that hasn't gotten too much love since it was first created. My question was, how to update it without losing it's original look? I played around with it a little until I got a stylized result that I liked. The original subject material was made out of copper, so I tried to reflect that with it's new default texture set. I also included a stone version to honer the original.

Dragon VIII (8)

I finished my 8th Dragon today, and I gotta say it's pretty slick looking. The first version strait from Zbrush was 66 Prims and I needed some extra time to drop the prim count down to 30 while keeping all of it's details. I also gave this one Bronze, Silver and Stone Textures so there's more to love ;) Turning shiny on to give it a metallic look gave some startling results with Nirans Viewer. With No flickering parts, top quality and perfect details this just might be the best Dragon yet.