Skip to main content

Made Blog!

I Finally made a Blog! Even if it never gets read by anyone but myself ... it's for fun!

Despite being piled up with a heaping amount of projects to work on, I made a Blog because I'm bored...and so, Post #1 ! 

How can I be bored if I have so many Projects on the table? Easy! I can't work on Sculpts non-stop. Actually, I get burned out from doing a single kit and need a week or two to relax afterwards. Play some games...watch some TV.. or make a Blog?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dragon IV Update

Remember this one? No right? It's a dust-covered dragon that hasn't gotten too much love since it was first created. My question was, how to update it without losing it's original look? I played around with it a little until I got a stylized result that I liked. The original subject material was made out of copper, so I tried to reflect that with it's new default texture set. I also included a stone version to honer the original.

Cobra Update

Back when I first made the cobra, I didn't know how to use any other sculpted primitive type besides 32x32. So I couldn't make a long body like what's possible with a 16x64 and as a result, it's body was split into multiple sections. That has always bugged me. I decided to rework it next knowing it was simple enough that it wouldn't take me longer then a couple days to do. I gave it a base to sit on and textured it with a golden material that I came up with after combining a few different substances together for some depth. End result = SHINY! The idea to make a gold one came from Ancient Egyptian themed statues and artifacts.  

Dragon X Update

Dragon X is now version 3! With smoother geometry and a complete beard, it looks more like the subject material that first inspired it. It has better normal maps and nicer textures, as well as a few other Oriental-themed material sets, Jade and Gold! I wanted so bad to make it Jade when I was first sculpting it, but I had no idea how to design my own substance materials back then. I also didn't know how mirror mesh models without flipping the normals, turning the model inside-out, and causing upload errors so only the sculpted version was mirrored. Now I can safely upload mirrored mesh models and Dragon X was the first thing I updated with that. Cheers to mirrors, and substance-material authoring.