Skip to main content

Fairy Statue I

This month's release is a beautiful Fairy Statue! What makes her special is that she's my first ever full color statue, which had a stunning outcome. It separates her from my previous releases and gives her a life-like feel, but if color is not your thing, there's the usual Stone, and Marble texture sets as well. All 3 texture sets are included with and without shadow maps mixed in.

The challenge was adding in more detail then my previous humanoid-type sculptures like eyes and toes, and trying to cover the overlapping joints. I've never mixed red and purple for my daily choice of clothes but this fairy makes it work!

EDIT: It's a Sculpty :) I keep getting asked if it's mesh, the fact that some of you couldn't tell is saying something! Color Rules! :D







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dragon IV Update

Remember this one? No right? It's a dust-covered dragon that hasn't gotten too much love since it was first created. My question was, how to update it without losing it's original look? I played around with it a little until I got a stylized result that I liked. The original subject material was made out of copper, so I tried to reflect that with it's new default texture set. I also included a stone version to honer the original.

Koi Fish I & II Remakes

These remakes are likely my last ones in this format ( Dual Sculpt / Mesh ) as any future remakes or releases will likely be pure mesh. I had a lot of fun with sculpts and it's time to bring that chapter to a close, a couple of years too late, but if you like playing with a certain toy, there's no reason to stop enjoying it just because something newer has come along. I also released an update for Dragon Lantern II, as I was planning on updating all 3 to version R2, however, I no longer feel like finishing the other two. I'm wrapping things up, and with that, I'm also bundling together older works in the form of classic packs and cutting prices. I'm not sure where I'll go from here today, if I will continue to make statues, or branch out into other fields, such as jewelry, avatar accessories, pets, etc. ( Maybe both? ) Thanks to everyone who followed my work all this time! I got quite a lot of enjoyment out of seeing everyone's creativity and what t...

Cobra Update

Back when I first made the cobra, I didn't know how to use any other sculpted primitive type besides 32x32. So I couldn't make a long body like what's possible with a 16x64 and as a result, it's body was split into multiple sections. That has always bugged me. I decided to rework it next knowing it was simple enough that it wouldn't take me longer then a couple days to do. I gave it a base to sit on and textured it with a golden material that I came up with after combining a few different substances together for some depth. End result = SHINY! The idea to make a gold one came from Ancient Egyptian themed statues and artifacts.